Legal Aid Explained:
Legal Aid is a Government scheme that provides payment to your solicitor for representation in certain cases. Legal Aid funding is available to certain individuals depending on the type of case and your financial circumstance and is subject to financial means testing. Our team will help you determine if you may be eligible to apply for funding, and where appropriate, we will assist you in making an application for Legal Aid.
If your case is serious and you can’t afford to pay your legal costs, legal aid might pay some or all of them.
You might get legal aid if, for example:
- you or your children are at risk of domestic violence or forced marriage
- you’re going to be made homeless
- you need family mediation
- you’re being discriminated against
- you’re taking a case to court under the Human Rights Act
- you’ve been accused of a crime and could go to jail